Welcome to part 6 of our shed build showing the house wrap and window installation. In this video we show our house wrap installation, which prevents air and water from getting into the shed, but still lets water vapor escape to prevent rot and mold inside the walls. We also show how to properly flash and install a window with a nailing flange.
Thanks, again, to everyone who helped us out on this step!
This will be a 12'x24' wooden shed with a single slope metal roof and LP SmartSide siding.
I'll try to summarize some of the construction stats/key points here:
– 12' x 24'
– 4' x 4' treated skid foundation
– 2" x 8" joists @ 16" OC
– 3/4" plywood subfloor
– 2" x 4" construction with double top plates
– (3) 3' x 2' sliding windows
– DIY double door – 59” x 80”
– 1/2" OSB sheathing
– House wrap
– LP SmartSide paneling
– 16' x 27'
– 1.5-in-12 pitch (minimum recommended by metal roof mfr), single slope
– 2" x 8" rafters @ 24" OC
– 1/2" plywood sheathing, with sheathing clips
– Synthetic roofing paper
– 29 gauge galvalume metal roofing panels (3' x 16' each)
Please let me know down below if you have any questions or comments, and stop back to see everything go together. Thanks for watching!
* Check out our blog at https://midlifeprices.wordpress.com
* Find us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/midlifeprices/
* Check out Pam's Facebook Art page at https://www.facebook.com/PamelaPriceArt/
* Check out Pam's Etsy Shop at
* If interested in snail mail, we're at:
Pam & Brian
PO Box 295
Saint David, AZ 85630
Harmony by Ikson https://soundcloud.com/ikson
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/ytwb-xsfaIE
Outro – Fresh by MBB – https://soundcloud.com/mbbofficial